Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Post #1: Welcome

Mario Testino
 Mario Testino is a very talented Latin American photographer. One of the most amazing things about him is the diversity among his array of photographs. For instance, in this he is photographing for Vogue (fashion). The way is able to play with the angle and allow the dress to blow in the wind is splendid. Not only that , he makes the model look proportionate, nothing seems too long or too short and most of all, you can see all of her, no hidden hands or legs or anything of that sort. It adds for not only a fascinating picture but a well-photographed one.

Mario Testino
However, Testino also does portraits of models and celebrities and the like. There is something truly inspired with his portraits because he captures the essence of a person. He is not only focused on what they look like smiling or serious, he captures the person as they are, which makes for a stunning composition.

Mario Testino
Furthermore, Testino has photographed amazing people like the late Princess Diana and the results are captivating. His photograph screams relaxed and casual, nothing staged or forced. His work is lacks nothing and exemplifies what I would like to achieve, capture people in their normalcy or in their candid walks through life. 

Senior Photo (sort of)
 So I took this class beginning of sophomore year and I kind of never wanted to let go of my digital camera, I was so amazed and excited with that experience I couldn't wait to return to a photography class. After that class ended my heavy ol' vintage camera and I had some fun adventures in Washington, D.C. and South America on the beaches of Peru and boy was that amazing! However, in the past year or two I have reverted to digital photography once more, armed not only with the Sony camera but also with my camera phone (thank goodness). This has allowed so fun moments to occur, like the image above.

Right Place Right Time
 This photograph is my favorite of all time, it looks like something I took off the internet when, in fact, it was the result of me pressing my phone against the glass of the tank, turning off my flash, and waiting for the jellyfish to swim far enough down. I don't normally photograph any sort of animal or creature but when I do I'm always looking to find a moment like this that is almost perfect.

Not Staged
This last one was completely candid, I know, surprising. But really, being at the right place at the right time has its advantages. With this class I'm hoping to expand on moments like these, to show people's natural expressions and their crazy faces and pretty much teach people about their peers or strangers that would describe without words. Finally, I am so genuinely excited for this course, it will be a roller coaster ride of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment